Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2026

Public Comment Ruben Juarez - June 18, 2026 Library Commission meeting

Public Comment:

My name is Ruben and I'm a Union officer and frontline worker. And there are a few items I wanted to bring up. I noticed a change in the order of the agenda topics last meeting with draft minutes being put at the end at of the meeting. Why the change? Maybe you can discuss at when we discuss this part and find out why it was moved to the end. 

Regarding the capital project presentation in May and the discussion of Ocean View branch, I believe it was important to list the Orizaba Way location prior to the meeting under evaluating opportunities. I believe it deserved a mentioned on the list for no other reason than getting clarification on a project that has been discussed broadly with the public. 

Don't our patrons deserve to be told where things are in the process? But more pointedly, I think it's important going forward where are we with the current location so we get more feedback on that piece. 

Where are we with the use of a slur in this forum? We had a variety of us come up and speak to it. Will some clarification be given on such language on how such language will be addressed in future meetings?


Public Comment on the City Librarian's report

There's so much there. There's so much wonderful things our workers do, all our staffs do. Because we learned about the summer dip that when the school year gets out, the propensity to dip. And there we jump in happily, readily to serve our patrons, to provide the presentation that Iliana so skillfully shared with us all. 

I think one of the commensurate challenges is the staffing levels to meet the demand.  I've come and spoken before but at this point I just wanted to dig in a little that to meet all the needs for our patrons requires you know happily like I said providing the service but one of the challenges is enough staffing being provided the extra hours to staff the programming and all the other pieces that go into it. 

It's just something for you all to consider when you're looking at uh what a wonderful service we provide and happily do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Public Comment by an Anonymous Citizen - August 20, 2026

GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT Thank you very much, Commissioners.  Speaking as an anonymous citizen: Stop the hate. Stop the ignorance. Don't g...